Enquiries are originating from Europe, Africa and India, with both inward and outward investment transactions emanating from Africa and India in particular.
There are many reasons for utilising Mauritius as a jurisdiction within a professionally advised structure, whether that is for inward or outward investment, infrastructure projects, wealth protection or international group holding purposes, including:
• Membership of international organisations - IOSCO, IAIS, FATF and IFSB
• Foreign Direct Investment Vehicles with the substance of a real physical presence
• Double Taxation Avoidance Treaties (including UK-Mauritius) and 7 agreements awaiting ratification
• 26 Investment Promotion and Protection Agreements
• No Withholding Tax in Mauritius for non-residents
• Capital Gains Tax does not apply in Mauritius
• Preferential market access to Africa, Europe and the USA
• Interest and Dividend income attract a substantial Foreign Tax Credit in Mauritius
• Modern legislation and effective regulation
• Whitelisted jurisdiction
• No exchange control, free repatriation of profits, dividends and capital
• Asset Protection provisions enshrined in local Trust legislation
• Stock Exchange of Mauritius (member of World Federation of Exchanges) enabling regulations for listing of junior mining companies as well as dual listings
The recently elected government is putting a lot of emphasis on financial services by having a dedicated new ministry responsible for financial services and governance. With its flexible, bilingual and professional workforce, Mauritius is maturing as the preferential IFC for structuring investment opportunities in Africa and India.
To work together, or find out more about IQE's services, please contact Steve McCafferty email@example.com
We have the expertise to assist with multi-jurisdictional fiduciary services for international structures
Having worked with IQE for a number of years I have come to appreciate their professional and proactive attitude to the work they undertake. Their helpful and efficient staff ensure that transactions are completed in a timely manner wherever possible. Richard Melhuish, FRICS, Director of Redefine International P.L.C.